Specs and Features
1) Each Oak infusion stick can age up to 4 bottles of capacity 375 ml (equivalent to 1.5 litres of spirit)
2) Size: Designed to fit in any quarter (180 ml), half (375 ml) available in the market. Also fits in any tumbler to infuse oak flavor in a single drink.
3) Wood: 100% American Oak Wood
4) Treatment: Roasted to a Medium Toast Level (360 to 400 deg.F) or Medium Plus Toast Level (400 to 440 deg.F)
5) Compatibility: Can be used with any Whiskey, Rum, Vodka or Tequila.
6) Tasting Notes achieved:
Nose: Vanilla bean, oak, nutty
Taste: Smokey, Nutty, and caramel
Finish: Smooth and Mellow and Smoky (Medium Plus Toasted Variant)
7) Packaging: A retail tubular packaging.
Directions to Use:
Oak Infusion Sticks (Pack of 5)
I tried the infusion sticks for a blend and with Royal Stag Barrel Select. Both had great results. I was more than pleased with this basic experiment. The oak infusion does elevate the home drinking experience several notches, and educates you a bit along the way too.
I tried their infusion sticks and since I like smoky whiskies I ordered for Medium Toasted Plus, Smoke flavour.
I let it sit in the decanter with the whisky for a week or so since I really wanted to give it enough time, though they recommend 48 hours for a bottle of whiskey.
The result were phenomenal... I can't believe what it did to the whisky. It's must try if you want to give your whiskey a premium taste.
GO FOR IT!
Good to make indian whiskies smooth and flavourful. You get a nice and pleasent woody/ oaky note.